Lewiston Council on the Arts, PO Box 1, Lewiston, NY 14092-0001 E-Mail Us or give us a call at 716-754-0166
Lewiston Film Festival
Lewiston Council on the Arts (LCA) and the Buffalo Niagara Film Festival (BNFF) are partnering to present the Lewiston Film Festival on April 1 and 2, 2016 at the beautiful Barton Hill Hotel and Spa, 100 Center Street, Lewiston, NY.
The two-day event will feature independent films juried into this year’s lineup (see list below) that represent a mix of features, documentaries, and shorts in a variety of genres including drama, fantasy, comedy and family.
“We are pleased to partner with BNFF on this, their 10th anniversary,” said Eva Nicklas, Artistic Director LCA. “Most of us will never get to Sundance or Cannes, and this is a chance to discover emerging talent and experience the power of storytelling through independent filmmaking.”
Order tickets online at www.thebnff.com/lewistonfilms.
Online purchase of tickets is encourages since seats are limited. Additional tickets will be available at the door. Each of the three showings ($10/person/slot) will feature different lineups with an intermission. 700 Bistro and Cafe (700center.com) is offering artisan snacks and beverages and legal beverages will be available from the bar. Barton Hill Hotel is offering special film-lovers packages for the weekend, and information can be found on their website (Bartonhillhotel.com)
Slot 1: Friday- April 1, 2016 • 7pm
1. Jack is Pretty - Short/Fantasy/Mystery (27min)
2. The Duel of Wine (el duel del vino) - Feature Film (92min)
3. Der Alte Mann Und Die Katze (The Old Man and the Cat) - Short (10min)
4. Kirschkuchen - Short (24min)
5. Cold Nights Hot Salsa - Documentary (61min)
Slot 2: Saturday- April 2, 2016 • 2pm
1. Iroquois Creation Story - Short/ Comedy/Adventure/ Family (17min)
2. The Incredible Adventures of Jo Jo - Feature Film (77min)
3. Mothers Day - Short/ Drama/ Family (7min)
4. After the Rain - Feature Film (88min)
Slot 3: Saturday- April 2, 2016 • 7pm
1. Wir Könnten, Wir Sollten, Wir Hätten Doch (We Could Have, We Should Have, We Didn’t) - Short / Comedy (12min)
2. Near Myth: The Oskar Knight Story - Feature Film (112min)
3. Schattenboxer - Short/Drama (18min)
4. Despite the Falling Snow - Feature Film (118min)